Today we will be learning how to do a mini at-home facial from one of our beautiful EC advisors (also a recent Esthi grad.) It is awesome to take the time to relax and work this into your skin care routine once a week. Your skin will be left glowing and feeling better than ever!
What you will need:
Aveda Composition or Makeup Wipes
Tea Tree or another type of antiseptic
1. Start off by removing your makeup (if needed) with either one of Aveda’s composition oils (Beautifying works best) or makeup remover wipes.
2. Take your favorite Aveda cleanser and wash your face. After washing your face for a few minutes, remove the cleanser with either water or a towel.
3. Time for the exfoliating masque. I personally like to use the Deep Cleansing Herbal Clay Masque mixed with the Botanical Kinetics Exfoliant. By mixing the two together, all the impurities in your pores are being removed while your face is being exfoliated. Once the masque is on, steam your face for 5-10 minutes. This will open up your pores, allowing the masque to work to the best of it’s ability. Remove the masque after 5-10 minutes.
4. Next, you have the option to perform extractions. Make sure your hands are clean and you have a cotton 4×4 wrapped around each of your index fingers. Only extract what is ready to be removed from your skin; extractions should never be forced as they will cause damage to your skin.
*** this step is always optional. If you are unsure of how to do this step properly, skip it.
5. Apply tea tree oil or another antiseptic to areas where you performed extractions.
6. Tone your skin with your Botanical Kinetics Toning Mist and let dry.
7. Apply serum all over your face.
8. Apply your favorite Aveda moisturizer and your mini at home facial is complete!